Terms and Conditions
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Driver’s Age
- Driving License
- Deposit and Payment Card Information
- What’s Included
- Delivery & Collection Services (24/7)
- Minimum Rental
- Period and Increments
- Concurrent Rentals
- Luggage/Personal Belonging(s)
- Delivery, Extension, Return and Exchange
- Personal Data
- Rates and Modification
- Conditions of Use
- Insurance Coverage Policy
- Damage/Loss, Theft, etc
- Payment, Cancellation & No-Show
- Airport Surcharge
- Car Wash & Cleaning Fee
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Minimum Age: 21 Years Old
- Maximum Age: 90 Years Old
Renter who fall outside the age limitations will not be able to hire a car.
Renter who’s driving license is less than 6month(s) will not be able to hire a car.
All renter who wants to rent a car must present a valid passport and driving license.
- For (Tourist) Original Valid Passport, Country’s Driving License or International Driver’s Permit and Tourist Visa.
- For (Non-Emirati) Original Valid Passport, UAE Driving License, Emirates ID and UAE Residence Visa.
- For (Emirati) Original Valid Passport, UAE Driving License and Emirates ID.
- For (GCC Country) Original Valid Passport, GCC Driving License and Emirates ID/GCC National ID.
- A Valid Original License (physical driving license) in the name of the main driver/additional driver(s) is required and must held for a minimum of 6 month(s).
- An International Driver’s Permit License is required in UAE, if your country driving license is not :
- Hong Kong
- Netherlands (Holland)
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom (UK)
- United States of America (USA)
Deposit and Payment Card Information
ACCEPTED: Credit/Debit Cards are accepted and bank transfer to ADIB (Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank) and EIB (Emirates Islamic Bank) are accepted.
A Security Deposit will be hold for the duration of the rental according to the cars rented. Your deposit is a guarantee held in the event of the accident/damage/theft of the vehicles/fine(s). This will be released if there is no theft or damage/fine(s) during the rental period.
Please NOTE that this not represent your total excess liability which can be found in the Damage Waiver Liability Section.
BE NOTICED that sometimes the fines of the Traffic Department delay up to 15 day(s).
On hold deposit amount depends on type of car:
- Luxury Car(s): 5000 AED
- SUV Cars(s): 3000 AED
- Sedan Car(s): 2000 AED
*In case of purchase of car insurance, the deposit will be at the amount as below;
- The Luxury car(s) will be deposit 5000AED
- The SUV car(s) will be deposit 3000AED
- The Sedan car(s) will be deposit 2000AED
- Security Deposit will be refunded 15day(s) after returning the car and after NO remaining balance from the agreement (Fines,SALIK,DARB,etc….)
- The Security Deposit refund charges fees will be charge to the renter.
- Renter’s payment: Bank Transfer, Cash or Credit Card(s) must be valid for up to 6month(s) after the rental has ended and it should be under the renter’s name.
- NOT ACCEPTED: No other payment types will be accepted.
- Virtual payment cards are NOT ACCEPTED.
- A valid credit/debit card in the first name and surname (no abbreviations) of the lead driver must be presented at the rental desk in order to pre-authorize/charge a deposit.
- In the event that renter fail to pay in cash or bank transfer or incase the renter insist for a credit card payment, there is a lack of sufficient funds available on the credit card or the credit card is not in the lead driver’s name, Al Shaheen Car Rental agent may refuse to release the vehicle. In these instances, no funds paid will be reimbursed.
- The kilometer/mileage(s) must be given depending on your rent basis. (daily/monthly and car type)
- Full Comprehensive Insurance (Minimum Excess Applied, read below)
- Collision Damage Protection (CDP) the renter will pay the excess amount if it’s his/her fault on the accident. (Valid Police Report MUST be attached)
- Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) the renter won’t pay for anything. (Valid Police Report MUST be attached)
- Theft Protection Insurance (TPI)
- All local taxes (VAT)
- Immediate car replacement in case of breaking down or maintenance 24/7.
- 24-Hour(s) Emergency Service, call/whatsapp us at +971-56-268-7666.
- Maintenance and Oil Change.
- Charges applied for additional second driver. (optional)
- No refunds are payable on vehicles returned earlier. (unused day/s)
- Driving is only allowed within the UAE boarders, according to the local laws.
- In case the needed car to rent is not available, similar alternative car will be offered or upgraded.
- Personal Accident Benefit to Driver with a capital benefit of 200,000AED.
- Personal Accident Benefit to Passenger(s) up to 200,000AED per person.
- GPS Navigation System cost 50 AED daily.
- Baby Seat (0-1 year(s) old) cost 50 AED daily.
- Baby Seat (1-3 years(s) old) cost 60 AED daily.
- Booster Child Seat (4-7 years(s) old) cost 80 AED daily.
- Super Collision Damage Waiver cost depends on car type/model.
- Additional Driver cost 300AED (per contract)
- Whatever the percentage of fuel was at the time the vehicle was taken, the same percentage must be returned. If not, extra charges will be applied.
- The request of full fuel tank is optional and the rate charge will be same as the price of Petrol Station(s) pump price. Thus, if you select this option, you should bring the car back NOT close to empty but with some fuel of petrol in order to return the car to the office in UAE. No credit will be given for unused fuel.
Delivery & Collection Services (24/7)
- Delivery and Collection services may be provided upon request but it’s better to book it in advance and will be charged accordingly.
- Al Shaheen may charge renter’s an extra “drop-off” fee for cars picked up at one location and returned in another city, so the company needs to retrieve the car, either by hiring someone to drive the car back or by having the car shipped back. Renter interested in a one-way rental should specifically ask if there are any drop-off fees or charges for additional mileage, and what location are authorized for such car rental returns. In all cases, there are added expenses to the company for such rentals.
- The minimum rental period is 3 days; otherwise, kindly contact us.
Period & Increments
- A rental with less than 24-hour(s) duration will be considered as a 1 day rental.
- BEWARE of 24-hour(s) clock rate! Rentals are calculated on a 24-hour(s) period from the time of pick-up. This means if you rent a car on Wednesday at 2:00pm, you should return it on Thursday at 2:00pm. Excess hours will be charged but if you exceeded more than 2hour(s), will be considered as 1-day additional rental.
- The renter is not allowed to rent more than 1(one) vehicle at the same time. If the renter has an existing active order or remaining balance from an old agreement that coincides with a new booking’s scheduled pick-up, Al Shaheen may have the right to refuse the new booking.
- Personal belonging/luggage(s) are not insured.
- Al Shaheen is not responsible for any personal belonging/luggage(s) left inside the vehicle upon off-hire.
Delivery,Extension,Return and Exchange
- The renter should inform Al Shaheen in advance about any required extension of the rental contact either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp us at +971 50-111-6456 or +971 50-229-0599
- No refunds are issued on unused rental days (return the car earlier). Do not plan to book for the longest possible period and return early. If you find that you need to keep your rental vehicle longer than planned, extensions can be done quickly and easily over the telephone or sending an email to email@example.com.
- If the renter fails to return the vehicle on the due date and does not notify Al Shaheen of any extension, the agreement in the system will be renewed automatically and charges will be applied.
- The Rental Agreement remains valid until the vehicle is returned clean and in the same condition received by the renter to the agreed drop-off location.
- By accepting the vehicle, the renter confirms that the rental vehicle is in the same condition indicated on the Vehicle Check Report and the renter accepts full liability for any further damage to or loss of the Vehicle, however it occurs. The renter remains fully responsible for the vehicle until it is returned and checked by an authorized representative, as confirmed in writing by Al Shaheen Car Rental.
- The Renter agrees to return the vehicle with all documents and accessories (such as; spare tire and tool kit) and in the same condition as received at the location and on the date and time stated in the Rental Agreement & Booking Voucher.
- Al Shaheen reserves the rights to repossess the vehicle at any time if the vehicle is used in violation of this Agreement or if the Renter fails to settle its financial obligations to Al Shaheen.
- If the Renter returns the vehicle outside of the location working hour(s), the Renter must comply with the out of hour(s) return instructions given by Al Shaheen, for that location. In all cases, the Renter is fully responsible for the vehicle until the site re-opens for business and the vehicle is checked in by Al Shaheen.
- If Al Shaheen Car Rental agreed that the Renter can return the vehicle to a place other than the rental location, or if Al Shaheen agreed to collect it. The Renter is fully responsible for the vehicle until Al Shaheen Car Rental collects it, and in all events, the Renter must obtain a vehicle receive certificate confirming that Al Shaheen Car Rental collected the vehicle.
- Al Shaheen Car Rental is not liable to the Renter or any passenger or third party for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle either during the period of rental or thereafter. Such property is entirely at the Renter’s own risk throughout the term of the agreement.
- The rented vehicle may need to be replaced if the vehicle is due for service, renewal, sale, exchange, accident, etc. In this case, the Renter must deliver the vehicle back upon Al Shaheen’s request. Al Shaheen does not guarantee to return the same vehicle to the Renter. If Al Shaheen Car Rental is unable to adhere to service intervals due to late return, this could result in financial obligations and damages to the vehicle. Any such cost will be entirely borne by the Renter.
- If the vehicle requested by the Renter is not available, Al Shaheen may allow an upgrade for temporary use only. Once the car in the Renter’s charge group is available, Al Shaheen will contact the Renter for an exchanged and, in this event, the Renter must return the vehicle as soon as the Al Shaheen request it. Three (3) attempts for exchange will be made. If all attempts are unsuccessful, the Renter will be charged for the upgraded vehicle from the date the vehicle in the Renter’s charge group is available.
- If the Renter does not return then vehicle on the expected check-in date, dues are not settled on the agreed date, or in case the vehicle is used in a manner that violates the terms of the rental agreement, Al Shaheen Car Rental reserves the right to;
- Report the vehicle as stolen to the Police.
- Repossess and recover the vehicle without prior notice to the Renter.
- File a Police/Court Case inside UAE against the Renter/Payer for non-payment of the outstanding dues.
- Charge the Renter all additional cost including recovery fee, damages, etc…until full settlement is made.
The Renter entitles Al Shaheen Car Rental to communicate the personal related data of the Renter to the concerned authorities such as Police, Traffic Departments, Criminal Investigation Departments and other relevant bodies.
Rates & Modification
- Rates are subject to change if any changes to the booking are made after the date of the reservation confirmation.
- Where the Renter wishes to amend the initial period of rental-either by extension or reduction in rental days-the Renter acknowledges that Al Shaheen reserves the right to modify its rates accordingly.
Conditions of Use
The Renter is expected to look after the vehicle carefully. In particular it MUST NOT be used;
- To carry higher number of passengers than the amount for which the vehicle is constructed to accommodate.
- To carry any object or substance which can cause of its condition or smell, may harm the vehicle or prevent or delay Al Shaheen’s ability to rent it again.
- To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object.
- In any race, test or contest or any illegal purpose.
- For driving off-road.
- While the Renter or other driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics, barbiturates or any other substance impairing his/her consciousness or ability to react.
- In contravention of any customs, traffic laws or other effective regulations.
- By any person other than the Renter unless such person has been assigned by the Renter and informed to Al Shaheen as the additional driver (as nominated in the Agreement).
- For sub-renting.
- In geographical areas which have been (or will be) notified by Al Shaheen as restricted.
The Renter agrees to (i) be liable for any legal consequences or liabilities, (ii) bear all cost and expenses, (iii) to indemnify Al Shaheen against any and all loses incurred by Al Shaheen and/or any damages occurred to the vehicle, resulting out of the Renter’s breach of any of the above conditions of use under this clause no.4.
Insurance Coverage Policy
- All accidents must be reported to the Traffic Police and to Al Shaheen Car Rental in either Abu Dhabi Branch or Khalifa Branch before the vehicle is moved even if you have your own full insurance coverage or ours. We still require a printed Accident Police Report.
- You have full comprehensive insurance as well as third party insurance with minimum excess applied which protects the Renter against a claim made by another person in the event of any damage or injury. In the unfortunate event of an accident, or damage to the vehicle. The Renter will be expected to call the Traffic Police at 999 to obtain an Accident Police Report and as well call/whatsapp Al Shaheen to assist you. Kindly expected to pay the first certain amount towards the total repair cost which varies from car to car. This is the Renter car insurance excess. Our excess payment starts from 1500AED-7000AED (depends on car type rented) for normal car accident and this excess may increase in case of strong damage or total loss or car theft or personal accident.
- The Renter is liable to pay the applicable EXCESS FEE in case of car accident where the Renter is at mistake or the third party is unknown. Therefore, we advise our valued customers to reduce the liability of excess fees, so you can purchase the Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) which will reduce your liability to zero deductible in case of car accident or car total loss only. This option does apply to any damages to windows/windscreens, wheels, rims and tires. However, this option does not apply to towing charges or where the vehicle is driven off-road, the underside and the roof, the interior of the car without due care and attention, negligence or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Extra insurance is valid only for accidents unlike the above situations.
- Theft Protection Insurance (TPI) is an agreement by which a rental company agrees not to hold the Renter responsible for theft but the Renter should carry the responsibility if s/he violates the conditions such as leaving the vehicle in an empty area, forgetting the key inside the car or any kind of carelessness; therefore, we have the right to charge the Renter for any loss or damage that may be caused due to carelessness.
- All accidents must be reported to the Traffic Police, just please call 999 and are kindly requested to call or whatsapp us at +971 50-111-6456 or +971 50-229-0599 before the vehicle is moved (as you must bring a Printed Accident Police Report). Without bringing the Printed Accident Police Report, you will be responsible for full value of the car and others and all of the liabilities even if you have full comprehensive insurance or any additional insurance coverage.
Whats’s included in your Full Comprehensive Insurance (Minimum Excess applied):
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
- Theft Protection Insurance (TPI)
- Third Party Liabilities (TPL)
Optional Extras (Zero Excess/Deductible)
- Standard Comprehensive Insurance
- Collision Damage Protection(CDP)
- Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) (Windows/Windshield, Wheels and Rims)
- In case of agreement on the Collision Damage Protection(CDP); the Renter accepts liability for losses of, or damage to the vehicle, its parts and accessories. This is limited to the amount of the non-waivable and non-refundable excess liability, as stated on the above of this Agreement. Further, the Renter shall provide Al Shaheen with a valid accident report issued by the Police Traffic (or other relevant authority). Otherwise, all costs and expenses for reinstating and delivering the vehicle to Al Shaheen in the same condition as it was received, shall be borne by the Renter.
- In case of agreement on the Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW); the Renter accepts the optional Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) by paying, in advance, the equivalent premium specified on the Rental Agreement and here. The Renter is exempted from liability for loss of the vehicle or in case of car accident, (other than caused by theft), this option does apply to any damages to windows/windscreen, wheels and tires, the underside and the roof, the interior of the car, provided that a Valid Police Report is presented. The Renter acknowledges that any coverage becomes null and void in the absence of a permanent Police Report. Moreover, if you violate the legal regulations, such as under influence of alcohol or other drugs and driving, exceeding speed limits, violating traffic lights, leave the car key inside the car and any other illegal conduct, you will lose the insurance completely. On the other hand, even if you have an extra insurance (SDCW), this option does not include towing charges or where the vehicle is driven off-road, without due care and attention, negligence or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Extra insurance is valid only for accidents unlike the above situations.
- In the event of damage, loss or theft of the vehicle or any parts of it, including fire and breakage of glass, the Renter shall, irrespective of his driver’s fault, pay to Al Shaheen the amount of all resulting loss and expenses (including but not limited to replacement or recovery cost, repair cost, compensation for the decline in value and loss of the rental fee) if the Renter/Driver violated these terms and conditions, any provisions, customs/insurance regulations.
- The Renter is fully responsible for any damage to the vehicle especially if it occurred as a result of contaminated fuel and/or was caused by driving through floodwater, and/or water damage and/or sea beaches and/or rocky dessert and/or sand dunes/off roads.
- In case of an accident (with or without damage to the vehicle), any personal injuries, theft of the vehicle or parts of it, the Renter must inform Al Shaheen and immediately report the accident to the police to obtain a Valid Police Report after providing or satisfying all required documents, information or procedures requested by the Police. A copy of an Accident Police Report must be sent to Al Shaheen Car Rental by the Renter. However, if the Renter defaults or fails to provide Al Shaheen Car Rental with a copy of the Police Report within a reasonable period, the CDP/SCDW and any other insurance provided hereunder shall be null and void and, therefore, the Renter shall be responsible for paying the actual costs suffered by Al Shaheen Car Rental for losing the vehicle or any damage occurred to it.
- The Renter shall not perform any action that affects the existence or validity of the insurance policy, and in particular not to admit any responsibility towards third parties. Otherwise, the Renter shall be solely responsible for compensating such a third party.
- In all events, the Renter agrees to fully indemnify Al Shaheen Car Rental if the insurance company rejects any insurance claim raised thereby because of the Renter’s default and/or in case any third party sues Al Shaheen Car Rental for the Renter’s actions or defaults.
- Windshield/windows/tires/rims and scratches damage is not covered under insurance Collision Damage Protection (CDP), the Renter is responsible for the cost of their replacement unless the Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) is purchased and valid for a one time of use.
- No repairs are to be carried out on the vehicle without the prior written approval of Al Shaheen Car Rental.
- The insurance policy may be cancelled if the Renter fails to comply with the terms hereof. In this event the Renter shall be liable for all cost, damages and losses incurred by Al Shaheen Car Rental due to the Renter’s default.
- Al Shaheen Car Rental reserves the right to change its policies, including the applicable rates at any time without notice. These policies are for general informational purposes only and do not constitute a waiver of any of Al Shaheen Car Rental rights, all of which are specifically reserved.
- Monthly rentals have a fixed kilometers allowance per month. Excess kilometers will be charged at 3AED-10AED per additional km, depending on the car type. Please refer the terms of your contract for details.
- SALIK and DARB (5AED each time you pass the gate), 10AED service fee, will be charged on top of each traffic violation, including the knowledge fee. If a traffic offence attributable to the customer requires the vehicle to be impounded by the authorities, Al Shaheen Car Rental will ensure that necessary fines are paid to avoid such an impound. The applicable impounding charges will be recovered from the customer.
- Additional admin charges will apply in all such cases where Al Shaheen Car Rental has to provide any extra assistance to the customer.
- Valeting charges (depends upon the condition of the car from 50AED-100AED) will be applied if the vehicle is returned in a condition that requires specialized cleaning.
- Additional fees will be levied for the recovery of the vehicle or towing/pulling the vehicle to the workshop due the Renter’s negligence or default.
- The Renter shall timely pay to Al Shaheen Car Rental the agreed rent/rates throughout the term of this Agreement. In case of renewal hereof, or if the Renter is unable to return the vehicle upon the termination or expiration of this Agreement, the Renter shall be charged new rates/rent as per Al Shaheen Car Rental current effective rates at that time.
- The Renter authorizes Al Shaheen Car Rental in advance to debit traffic fine from his/her security deposit credit card or debit (rental and any ancillary charges such traffic fine, etc.) according to this Rental Agreement from the Renter’s or charge card account or his/her bank account.
Payment,Cancellation & No-Show
- A credit/debit card in the name of the Renter is mandatory for the car hire.
- We accept payments online using Visa and Master Card credit/debit cards in AED.
- Customer credit card details and personally identifiable information will not be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- 5% will be deducted from the total amount if you cancel 72hour(s) before the booking is due. If you need to cancel within 72hour(s) of the start time, you will be charge first 2day(s) and once the amount of the rent with VAT. You can cancel your booking easily by either emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org including your first and last name, the reservation code and your email address.
- Refunds for cancellation of bookings will be processed on the same credit card that was used to pay or bank transfer to the client’s account within 15 working day(s) of the cancellation.
- In cases where Al Shaheen Car Rental is unable to process the refund due to invalid credit card, refunds should be claimed within 3month(s) from the date of return of the vehicle.
- No Refund applies on the early return of Daily & Monthly Rental.
- Save for fraud and gross negligence, Al Shaheen Car Rental shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage incurred to or suffered by, the Renter or any other third party in connection with the rented vehicle.
- The Renter agrees to indemnify and hold Al Shaheen Car Rental (and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, employees and agents) harmless from and against all damages, losses, costs, expenses, actions, proceeding, claims and demands arising from or connected with the Renter’s breach of its obligations under this Agreement or with his/her driving of the vehicle.
- Airport Surcharge (Mandatory Charges)
Car Wash and Cleaning Fees
- You will be provided with a cleaned car, so we expect the Renter to return it clean as well.
- You will also pay a reasonable fee for cleaning the car’s interior upon return if any stains, dirt, odor, or soiling attributable to your use cannot be cleaned with our standard post-rental procedures as determined by us in our sole discretion.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed and interpreted under the law of UAE as well the local laws applicable to UAE where it is executed. If there is any dispute between the parties hereto, the same shall be submitted to the competent court inside UAE.